Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'm a terrible blogger...

I haven't posted since I was 29 weeks pregnant, the boys are now 2 1/2 months old... whoops.

 
Sleeping in the Bassinet one of their first nights home.


These first 2 1/2 months have been such a whirlwind of poopy diapers, spit up and emotion. I am so over the moon in love with these boys, and I have learned that my body does not nearly need as much sleep as I previously thought. They are really getting fun. Josiah who I now call Josey because of the infamous Clint Eastwood character Josey Wales:

 has been smiling and he is such a camera ham! We recently had a photo shoot and he would stop and pose looking straight at the camera and having his fist under his chin! I have a regular baby model!



Joshua on the other hand was having no part of our photo shoot. That is just his personality, even in the womb he avoided the ultrasound wand at all cost. Josh is also my momma's boy, he lets others hold him but not for long until he is crying and ready for my moms arms again. 

Things with the sperm donor are non-existent. He came by two times, and was supposed to come by a third. He never, texted or called to let me know he wasn't coming.I had previously told him that if he said he was coming and didn't that it would be the last time. I am trying to avoid the whole looking at 3 year old little faces and telling them that their "dad" is not coming. That would just be heart breaking and how do explain being letdown to a 3 year old. I felt the best thing was to nip it in the bud before it got to that point. When I realized he wasn't coming I texted him his excuse? "I am too tired" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? at this point the boys were not sleeping through the night yet and I had been up just the previous night, all night with Joshua. I reminded him about what I had previously said and told him that I didn't know the next time I would let him see the boys. I know if it was me that I would not take a text saying that I couldn't see my boys and I would be up in arms until I got to see them. I haven't heard a peep from him since. I guess that just shows the difference in our character. All this went down the Tuesday after Easter.

While it perplexes me how somebody could not want to be a part of these handsome, sweet boys. I really know it's for the best. They have plenty of love surrounding them. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment